Saturday, June 25, 2011

Making a List

   Now that there are more and more projects (the main reason I've been MIA this last week), organization and motivation are a must.

   I'm a list person. Usually on Friday afternoons I make a list of everything I have to do and dare myself to get them all done by Sunday night. And I take dares very seriously - my mom dared me to become a vegetarian when I was younger and I didn't give up until 10 years later!

   Plus, there's nothing better than scratching the items off the list! On one of my lists was to figure out what to do with a mirror I had. I found it on Wal-Mart's clearance section years ago and now I don't really have a place for it anymore. The frame is is nice, but I already have enough mirrors in my house.






I have seen many people make chalkboards for their homes, and this was a perfect size for me.


I cleaned the glass and taped off the edges.


I sprayed several light layers of Rustoleum Chalkboard Spray Paint, letting each layer dry before applying the next coat.


Let the paint dry and set for at least 12 hours. Although the paint may be dry to the touch, it hasn't hardened enough to start writing on it yet. (I found this out the hard way.) Once it had dried, I hung it in my "workshop" in a spot where I can see it every time I walk in to the room. I enjoy the constant reminders.


Now I can check this off my list! I love that feeling!

Now, back to my list!


Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment