Sunday, July 24, 2011

Salvage Chic

I've got a closet, workshop and carport full of items that are leftover from other projects or awaiting inspiration. I joke that it's starting to look like Sanford and Son - but in all seriousness, it's getting bad.

I've got a tire to make the collection even classier! That's not for a project - I'm just driving without a spare.

Every now and then I'll shuffle the items around so it will look like I'm doing something with it, but the project list is getting longer. Since this isn't my "real" job, my time is limited to nights and weekends. I'll force myself to pass up a good deal on something I love because I'm running out of space.

Extra seating in my dining room. ; )

I enjoy the simple projects that I can finish quickly even though it might take weeks before I figure out what to do with it.

I had an old window sash that didn't have any glass panes in it and some leftover chicken wire from my garden. I also had some seafoam wood stain from the oops section at The Home Depot.



A little sanding, staining and staples made this an easy afternoon project.


I used sisal rope as the mounting hardware.

I stained the clothes pins the same color as the frame.

A chicken wire window frame.
Sorry for the horrible staging on this photo. If the new owner (you know who you are) could send me a picture of this frame in your super-stylish kitchen, it would be much appreciated! :)

Also, It's only been 2 months since I've started my blog, but I reached 1000 all-time page views on Friday. I know this is a small number compared to some other blogs, but it's encouraging to know people are reading! Thanks for all the support!

Yours Truly, 

Sanford



No comments:

Post a Comment