Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Window Side Table

I take pride in challenging myself to find different ways to make old windows into furniture. Like I've said before, I have a small collection of windows that sit in a corner. I walk by them everyday until I find the inspiration to turn them into something that's functional.

Originally, I had this table in my dining room...



Until this piece came along.

May Makeover Part II



The long table started out looking like this (but much worse.) It's from a pair of side windows for a front door that I found at the salvage yard. I sanded this down and stained it.

Awaiting a new project
For this table, I painted it and made a simple frame for it with 4 legs. I recently added a cream colored shelf for extra storage.



All it needs now is a good home.


Forgive me while I sneak in a shot of my new tea-light candle holders from Williams-Sanoma. I love the willow base for them.The best part is - they were on clearance!


Kristin

1 comment: