Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sideboard Storage

After inheriting a few items, some of which I'll never use, I wanted to display them in a way that reflected my style. They might not be worth much in monetary terms, but the sentimental value is priceless.



Since my house doesn't have too much storage space, I've been diligent enough to build my own storage spaces. Hence the workshop cabinets from one of my first posts.



Each time I go to the salvage yard, I tend to pick up a window sash- which has turned into a small collection. Two were in great condition and had unique hardware.




I took a few days to build this piece. I painted the inside with a few soft colors I found in the "Oops Paint" section. A mixture of elegant glasses and colorful ceramic items highlight the reclaimed wood and window sashes.


I used two different colors of reclaimed wood on top for some contrast.



I love the simple lines of this candle holder made from a wine barrel. Repurposed art has so much character.




Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment